They walk to the front of the room…
- “Is my mic on?”
- Presentation bullet points on the screen behind.
- “Where’s my clicker?”
- “Please turn your phones to vibrate and restrooms are just out those doors.”
- Heads drop, eye contact is lost.
- “Thanks so much for coming today & spending your time with us.”
- 30 seconds in, the audience checks their cell phone for the first time.
- A shallow and disingenuous intro question is asked.
- No stories shared, the same words as everyone else are spoken.
But you wouldn’t do that. Would you?