Listening to insights from world-class performers from all walks of life, I’m always interested in their habits. Habits make them successful. Somewhere they made a conscious choice about what they want, drove patterns into their daily life and pushed the replay button until it became routine.
And one of the things I’m most intrigued by is what morning routines look like for those people. I recently heard the saying: “Own the Morning, Own the Day” and it resonates.
So today I’ll quickly share my morning routine (including links for more detail). Hopefully insight into my life can give you something to steal and gain from. Then I’m asking for your feedback. If you’re open to sharing any sort of morning routine you have, please do. Deconstruction and reconstruction of my morning(s) is constant, and we’re all looking to improve!
- 4:50am – Alarm (soft-spoken, positive music I want stuck in my head)
- 5 – Dressed in the kitchen; 4 kinds of vitamins, water, pre-workout drink shaken, post-workout protein scooped
- 5:10 – Reading (what should my mind focus on today?) & light breakfast
- 5:20 – Out the door
- 5:30 to 6:45 – Gym, push hard
- 6:45 – Home to shower, dress, smile with Alice, Noah & Evan
- 7:15 – Morning coffee made (anyone else mix grass-fed butter into their coffee instead of cream? Google it!)
- 7:25 – 30 minute office commute with Podcast audio (a lot of Tim Ferriss & James Altucher lately)
- 8am – Fire up the Advisors Excel day!
Tag, you’re it. Your turn.
Steal anything you want from the above and let me know if you have questions. But please, if you have a morning routine…however big or small…that empowers your day, I/we want to hear about It!
Post to the blog comments and thank you. Now own the day.