A few weeks ago I posted “Own the Morning, Own the Day” and shared thoughts on morning routines. That post received incredible feedback from you all.
Staying on that path, let’s bookend the second half to your day, looking at nightly routines. What does the final 30-60 minutes of your day look like? How do you decompress before bed? In the spirit of sharing best practices and ideas again, below is my nightly routine. Feel free to steal and share however you can!
- 7:45pm – Both boys asleep in bed
- 8* – Timely tasks needed around the house
- 9** – Gratitude and recall daily journal on iPad via DayEntry & Evernote apps
- 9:15*** – Meditation via Muse headband and app (not as consistent as I’d like)
- 9:30 – Reading before bed; preferably fiction to turn my Type-A problem solving mind down
- 10pm – Lights out
* Little to no television
** Phone to night mode, no communication or screens after that
*** Decaf loose leaf tea included
This is rarely perfect. Life happens, priorities shuffle and if I can accomplish most of these items, it’s a success. Now what about you? Can you contribute anything to the conversation? Can you take anything from this?
Post routines to share about your nightly habits in the comments. I’m eager to hear your thoughts and gather ideas on how we can all improve. Thank you and good night.